Where most restaurants are concerned, food delivery is just an extra service that they provide to make sure that their food gets to the customer. If you wanted a food delivery service with independent restaurant options, foodpanda was the go-to; but a new challenger has just entered the ring and its name is UberEATS.
An expansion of Uber, the popular ride-sharing service, UberEATS taps into Uber’s driver network to deliver food from partner restaurants to hungry customers. Customers just download the UberEATS app or log on to UberEATS’ website to place an order.
How to order:
- Enter your delivery address. For now, UberEATS’s coverage extends to Bukit Damansara, Brickfields, Bukit Bintang, Taman Desa and other areas in central Kuala Lumpur.
- A list of nearby restaurants will pop up. Information displayed includes price rating ($ to $$$), type of cuisine and how long the delivery will take.
- Click on the restaurant and on the item you’d like to order. You’ll be given a list of choices (if there are different varieties or toppings) and it’ll tell you if any are sold out. You can also add any special instructions (no onions, please).
- At the top of the screen, next to the delivery address, you’ll be able to choose your delivery time: ASAP or within a scheduled time range. While UberEATS itself runs from 9am to midnight, note that available delivery times may depend on the restaurant’s opening hours – if it closes at 9, you’re not going to get anything delivered later than that.
- If you haven’t registered or logged in, you’ll be prompted to when you try and check out. Existing Uber customers can log in with their Uber username/phone number and password. The handy thing is that it saves your credit card details so payment is easy.
- Fill in your address and add a delivery note if necessary, as well as a promo code if applicable. A minimum RM5 delivery charge is also imposed.
- Then place your order and you’re good to go! You can track the progress of your order too.
Current participating restaurants include but are not limited to:
- Baba Low’s
- Salad Atelier
- Mikey’s Original New York Pizza
- Devi’s Corner
- Inside Scoop
- Fierce Curry House