Fine Dining At Home1 Jun 2011
They say there is nothing better than a home cooked meal! Creating fine dining at home is just one more step to take and exercise your creativity as it requires a lot of attention to detail. You can easily create the atmosphere of an expensive restaurant at home by following these few steps:
- Setting a beautiful table with white linen, silver cutlery, crystal glasses, flowers and candles.
- Serve a flavourful amuse bouche to stir the taste buds of your guests. We made a simple prawn with chives on a bed of peppers and chilli sauce.
- Try to pair the wines with the food to be served.
- Make an effort on presentation.
- Make sure music is subtle.
Jo and I spent a day in the kitchen experimenting with ingredients and presentations, we call it “Dressed to Impress” before we decided on the following recipes for a dinner party with friends. They are not too difficult. Spend some extra time to create something special. We were happy with the results as we tried for perfect blend of colours, texture and taste for our dishes.
THIS MONTH'S RECIPES
Dessert: Chocolate Cheesecake